Μετάφραση

Sunday 22 April 2012

The photo adventure starts...

The Minolta SRT 303b SLR camera
The year is 1990 and spring is about to end.  I was already using my father's Minolta srt 303b SLR camera for a while and wanted to shoot my school's daily trip to Patra.  




One of the first piece of advice my father told me was to be careful of the light meter inside the camera.  There was a little needle that I needed to keep inside a round circle for exposure to come out properly.  There was no much of a choice for film speed as I was an amateur with no knowledge of what to do with it, so I stuck with ASA 100. 

My lens had to be one of Analog Minolta 50mm f1.4-16 or Analog Vivitar 55mm f2.8-16 macro.  Since I knew nothing about lenses, my father thought that the Minolta 50mm f1.4-16 was a good choice at that time.

Analog Minolta 50mm f1.4-16 lens


Analog Vivitar 55mm f2.8-16 macro lens
 Here are some of the photos I took that day. There were developed in a local shop and I gave them to my classmates to see.  That was my first public "exhibition" ever! 


At the ferryboat to Antirrio.  This is the Rio castle.
A lake near Messologgi
The long set of stairs at Patra


Of course there were no composition rules applied, I knew nothing and I wanted to know everything, I still want to learn whatever I can find useful. What I learned from this experience was that snapshots have always retained their value through time and that I should count my photos after they return them to me.  There were some missing, you see...

Visitors