Μετάφραση

Wednesday 7 November 2012

August wonders continued...

Ok I admit it! I got lost! I was searching for a country road that would lead me to a lonely beach, a secret beach. But as I found out, it was so secret that even with my GPS I could not find it, even though I was viewing the area map! The excursion started when I saw a beach on Google earth maps that seemed like a good opportunity for photographs. You see, I like scouting roads when I have nothing to do and want to shoot (with my camera) someplace that has rarely been shot before. I drew the road with my hand on the digital map and made sure I copied the coordinates in my GPS. But the result was a dead end road and I had to return. I took some photos of the route because of the stunning colors that my polarized filter made impressive, though.



Another day I went to a hotel and was captured by the night colors of the place. I rushed for my camera (which was a good thing as I had no other chance and people were missing from the shots) and spent the next 20 minutes shooting around and trying new angles. The time passed quickly and the guard urged me to leave the place. Some of the photos needed a touch of Dynamic Range Increase (DRI) procedures, which I took care in Post Processing.


Country road returning from dead end road.


Nothing but you and nature.


What a place to build your house!!!


All green and mountains in distance
Verga in Kalamata


Single Photo, partially DRI (Increased dynamic range by reducing the highlights)


Increased the dynamic range by reducing the highlights


What a colorful night! Never wanted to stay out so long before!


This was my home...This was where I used to live...


ISO 1600 with noise reduction selectively on the sky
For the full album click here

Visitors