Μετάφραση

Friday 11 January 2013

Marianna "Furry"

By the time I arrived at Kalamata, Marianna and I had already planned a photo shooting with the general idea of a "furry" theme.  The weather was better than fine and after deciding the type of clothing and type of accessories to bring with us, all we had to do was find a place to start shooting.  We decided that it was a good idea to head for Kapetanakis tower near Sotirianika village, not far from Kalamata.  So we headed, fully equipped and with lots of ideas.



As soon as we reached Sotirianika village and I saw a road sign telling us that we should head right if we wanted to go to Koskarakas Gorge.  I just could not resist, so I turned right towards Koskarakas Gorge.  We never arrived to the gorge because we found a nice spot near the church of St. Nikolaos near Drosopigi.  What made me head for this spot after we visited the church, was a tree with red leaves  that I thought it would make a nice background.




Marianna was very professional and patient and we had to spend much time there because the light was constantly changing making the shooting very difficult in terms of controlling the light.  I used a reflector that really helped in bringing out the shadows and finally I was forced to use an external flash to keep a constant high shutter speed and aperture value of f8. 




Constant good quality was only achieved by using the external flash and even though I used a white balance cap to meter the white balance value, I ended up metering white balance from the bulbs of Marianna's eyes.  Using the white balance cap brought up very close results to what I wanted though!



Visitors