Μετάφραση

Sunday 2 November 2014

Archangels Gabriel and Michael Day (8th November)

Going back to 2009 I have some photos to remember my visit to the local Kalamta airport for the celebration of Archangels Michael and Gabriel, protectors of our Air Force.  It was a 3-day open visit to the local airport and I went there to visit a friend of mine who was attending the events and welcoming the visitors to the exhibition.  

There were some aircrafts in the airfield and under the hangars and everyone could have their turn sitting in an airplane's pilot seat to feel like a pilot for a few minutes.  It was a great opportunity for me to grab some shots with my Tokina 11-16 f2.8 super wide angle lens against a deep blue sky with some white clouds and some photos of my friend posing against an F-16 war plane for his own archive.





There was a lot of parents with their children walking up and down the airfield, where some of Hellenic Air Force war planes were available for the visitors to inspect and admire.  I could see the joy of the children and their anxiety to sit in the pilot's seat for a little while and feel like a real pilot.  





I don't like war "toys" or anything else related to war and the only time I would ever hold and use a gun, would be in defense of me and my country.  Having said that, it was "fun" to see some war planes and other pilot things like parachutes and survival items for when the airmen find themselves against the nature's wild hands (or their enemies').



Visitors