Μετάφραση

Monday 13 March 2017

EKEN H8R, A Small Miracle

This summer I had the opportunity to extensively use my new little gadget, a small "action" camera which goes everywhere!  With the waterproof housing on, I took it underwater with me and shot beautiful pictures and videos of the bottom of the sea.  I must say i was impressed of the new world I have discovered and I look forward to shooting more underwater footage.

Because of its small size, I carried it with me everywhere inside my "banana pouch" with my other summer belongings and when I saw something worth shooting, or when I wanted to show my friends the beautiful clear waters of Elafonisos Island, I had it ready in no time!  I even carried it with me when I rode my bicycle the past 15 days, into the sea when diving, hiking on the mountains and having a drink with my friends.  

The quality on 1080p is simply amazing with vivid colors and crisp details and there's the capability of using several more resolutions and fps combinations.  The maximum resolution is 4K at 30fps, while there are also 2.7K at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 120fps!  The only thing missing is the video stabilization (software or hardware) and the video clips are jerky, but the colors are vivid, close to what your eyes can see.  
I also noticed that the waterproof cover seem to form rust where the small metal rod at the bottom, even though I rinsed it with tap water after getting out of the sea. It seems that I will need to oil the space between the small rod and the plastic, but that's a minor issue.  The sound is distorted when the camera is housed inside the cover and I feel there's need for a software automatic voice level correction (I plan to ask this from EKEN's firmware authors).

Edit: I've managed to break it!  I tried to open the case in order to align the lens better and now there are some things broken.  I have no sound recording and the screen goes white from time to time due to bad internal connection (I broke some plastic fits).  However it still records 4K and I am planning on fully exploit what is left from a nice 4K camera.

Visitors